Back To Schedule
Tuesday, September 11 • 10:45 - 11:45
Intro to Power BI & Power Query

Sign up or log in to save this to your schedule, view media, leave feedback and see who's attending!

Feedback form is now closed.
In this session I will be demonstrating how easy Power BI lets you ingest almost anything; from simple files to complex multi-file scenarios. The Power BI Desktop application lets you solve 80% of the challenges you have with data via the GUI, and the other 20% we will deal with using the Advanced Editor. We will spend time in both accordingly. In detail we will be looking at these topics: Straight up file (csv, xlsx) Scraping Web Page Data (html) Header/Footer issues Variable number of columns Multiple File Formats (think historical changes) Binding Multiple Imports into a single table Crude Error handling Attending this session you'll learn the basics of Power BI Desktop, as well as some neat tricks to get through the more complex scenarios. Additionally I will demonstrate how to deploy your home grown model into Azure Analysis Services


Tuesday September 11, 2018 10:45 - 11:45 PDT
CUST 0.01